Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Masiah!

I have been bad about blogging recently..sorry!  I can't believe how time flies!!  It seems like just yesterday my office mate today me she was pregnant!...and now he's getting ready to turn 2 on October 2nd..I can't believe it. :)  So a week or two ago Sheree (Mommy) asked me to create an invitation for Masiah's 2nd birthday party and naming ceremony.  Sheree wanted to use the colors purple and gold and use a cute recent picture of her growing boy. :) 

Not  sure what a "naming cermony" is....dont' worry I didn't either!!  After I asked Sheree a ton of questions, this is what I was able to gather.  A naming ceremony is an African tradition where members of the family and officiant gather around the child being named.  The parents tell everyone what the name means and then family and friend pray over the child.  The officiant also has certain herbs that the family eats as they prayer...each herb means something significant to be prayed for.   I think it was pretty cool to learn about...I love learning about different cultures-- it's what makes us unique! :)   Check out the invitation:




Happy Birthday little man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment